Debunking viral Longoria 'catch' video
Reason's why it's fake:
- I read as much about the first time I saw it.
- Gillette is the only sponsor visible in the park, really?
- Who does an on-field interview during BP?
- Who takes nighttime BP outside of Jake Taylor?
- Aren't all those trick shots fake except for those guys that were on "E:60?"
- But Longoria is wearing the official Rays jersey. If it was an advertisement, that would be forbidden. Not so fast. MLB and Gillette have "the longest-running" endorsement deal in pro sports. Use of MLB licensed logos and apparel would be acceptable.
UPDATE: Tech site Mashable points out the interviewer's microphone has no mic flag, which wraps around the microphone and typically identifies which network or station is conducting the interview. Another good catch.