Blogs > The Back Page

The musings of a Detroit-area sportswriter in the digital age.

Friday, April 24, 2009

NFL Draft day finally here

I'm anxiously awaiting the draft Saturday afternoon to see what the Lions do. Not so much because I care who they take, but because I won't have to listen to people talk about who the Lions should take. I've gotten a good impression of the Lions' new braintrust, so it's not hard for me to sit back and wait for good things to happen.
We have known for four months Detroit has the first overall pick and five of the first 82 selections, and we've known nearly as long who the frontrunners are. Get on with it already! I've heard the same things for several weeks now. These players could turn out to be bad NFL players, but I doubt the public pundits would look at time spent talking about their draft status as a wasted effort.
I have felt in the last month or so like I'm the only person who doesn't run draft scenarios through my head. I've thought of myself as an avid sports fan for years now, but when it comes to football, I'm pretty hands off, compared to my brethren (except for the content that goes in the paper and fantasy football).
I'll just be glad when the day's over, not just because I can go home, but because the Lions will have finally made their selections and all the Draft prognostications can finally cease.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home