Blogs > The Back Page

The musings of a Detroit-area sportswriter in the digital age.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Anoter Fab '30 for 30'

Apparently it's finally coming: A "30 for 30" about the legendary Fab Five from Michigan. Of course, in real life, it never happened. Or so your children might think if they were to look at the record books. If I had a DVR, it would be set for ESPN the night of March 13 (9 p.m.)
The Fab Five were my first foray into idol worship and I maintain if Chris Webber's ill-fated timeout had never been called, he wouldn't have left for the NBA and the core group would have gotten one more year together and likely at least one more banner to take down.


To prep for the show, I've already ordered a copy of "Fab Five" by Mitch Albom, which I haven't read since the sixth grade, to brush up.

I wonder if Michigan personnel will continue to decline interviews for this piece and I'm anxious for the school's disassociation from Webber to end next year.

The "30 for 30" series has been terrific, and I'm all for ESPN continuing outside of its original parameters of the series. Another terrific addition would be a feature on the Bad Boy era Pistons. I've been waiting on the documentaries of both these groups and I'm glad at least one has come to fruition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home